- If you flying into Heathrow the fastest way into London is the Heathrow Express which runs every 30 minutes to Paddington Station in the heart of London then it is a short cab ride to your hotel. It takes just 15 minutes cost around £27 (undiscounted) , a black cab £60, bus or Tube train £12 but will take considerably longer. Buy your ticket online well in advance and save up to 65% off the standard ticket price. Off peak journeys, weekends and Bank holidays are even cheaper. There is no need for a more expensive First Class ticket the train is comfortable enough and the journey is really short. heathrowexpress.com
- If you flying from Gatwick Airport just South of London there is the convenient Gatwick Express which leaves from Victoria station every 30 minutes. If you buy the ticket online you save 10% for the first ticket and for two people 35%. So a little preparation pays. The Gatwick Express is the fastest, cheapest way to get to the airport. A Black Cab will cost you around £110, Uber £55 and Gatwick Express £17. The train is popular and can get crowded so arrive early. gatwickexpress.com
- If you going be traveling extensively in London then consider a one day Travel Card at £12.30 but buy it only after 9am to get the off peak rate, anytime price £17.50. You can use the Travel Card on the bus as well. You can also consider a 7 day Travel card starting at £32.10 for Zone 1-2 (pretty much where all the interesting attraction are located). Kids travel at a discount. For short journeys, it is often cheaper for three or four people traveling together to take a Black Cab rather than a Tube ride.
- London city has many one way roads so for a short journey you may find it is quicker to walk than take a cab or even a tube, use Google maps and select the on foot option. London is full of surprises so walking is a great option.
- Remember always take a Business Card from the hotel with their address just in case you should get lost.
- London is a city designed for public transport probably better than any other city in the world but it does help to plan your journey. Download the London Tube map Free on Google Play or from the Apple App store.
B4i.travel simplifies your communication needs when travelling and takes the risk out of high international roaming costs. We offer a range of pre-loaded, pre-activated and pre-registered world travel SIM cards so you’ll be connected when you arrive in the country you are visiting. Tourists, students and businessmen have been talking like a local in South Africa, USA, Europe with B4I.travel since 2010. It’s time to ‘Explore your world’.