Live Table Mountain Stream
South African SIM card
European SIM card
USA SIM card
1. Go up Table Mountain on the Cableway – Table Mountain sits majestically in the heart of the city and gives a panoramic view of The City, Table bay, Clifton and Camps Bay. Bring something warm to wear, the weather can change fast at the top and it is always cooler at the top of the mountain which is just over a 1000m above sea level.
2. Cape Point – Cape Point is located in the Cape Point Reserve (about 80km from the city)where you will find several species of antelope, Zebra and baboons. Absolutely worth the walk to the Point with its amazing views of False Bay and the Atlantic. There is a funicular up the hill (The Flying Dutchman) if you do not feel like the short hike.
3. Robben Island – The prison made famous by Mandela’s incarceration, Trips by boats leave from the Waterfront at the Clock Tower.
4. Seal Island – Boats leave from Hout Bay Harbour and travel around the Sentinel to the Island which is covered in Cape fur seals.
5. Penguins at Boulders Beach – In summer enjoy the opportunity to swim safely at Boulders just past Simonstown with a colony Jackass penguins.
6. Kirstenbosch – The Botanical Gardens at Kirstenbosch is the best in the world and absolutely worth a visit. In summer book for one of the many open-air concerts on the lawn, it will be unforgettable.
7. The Castle of Good Hope – located in the centre of the city, one of the oldest buildings in South Africa built by the Dutch settlers.
8. Visit Groot Constantia wine farm – built in 1685 and the oldest wine producing estate in South Africa.
9. The Waterfront – South Africa’s top tourist destination with all its restaurants and shops located in a working harbour and also home to Cape Town’s eye a revolving pod letting you see the city and beyond.
10. Lions Head by night – take a walk up to the top of Lion’s head with a torch on a full moon but expect crowds of people, the reward is a unique 360-degree breathtaking view, so worth it.